Healthier Party Mix slightly adapted from Meghan Telpner
1 "tube" package of rice cakes
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or rice syrup (the thicker the liquid sweetener, the better it will all hold together)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Break rice cakes into bite sized pieces. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, pumpkin seeds through to coconut flakes.
3. Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, and nut butter together.
4. In three batches, mix the liquid with the dry ingredients, tossing to coat well.
5. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes. This recipe fills about 3 baking sheets
6. After removing baking sheet, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before topping with chocolate chips while the mixture is still warm, allowing them to melt slightly. Move sheet to a cooler area to cool completely.
7. Once the mixture os cooled, mix all together in a bowl. Refrigerate in a sealed container if you'd like the chocolate to set more, or if your apartment is 85 degrees F like mine.
I can also see this recipe working as individual servings, where each rice cake is topped with the liquid mixture, followed by nuts and needs and then drizzled with chocolate.