Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baking Day Successes and Failures

On June 5th, I baked all day with two friends, completing 6 batches of cookies. Some turned out better than others. These cookies were all my nonna's recipes and I was making sure the recipes were easy to follow so that I can compile them into a book for my Nonna and the Di Donato family. Here are some photos of the cookies. Don't worry, they are all in the freezer ready to be served on June 19th, where I hope to see you all.

Chocolate Biscotti (In non-traditional Biscotti form)

Half-moon Cookies, which do not look authentic at all. They taste good however and will not go to waste.

Oatmeal Cookies

Peanut Butter. I burnt these ones. Turns out you can't use natural peanut butter when making peanut butter cookies. I am really keen on still using natural peanut butter so I should probably add more flour to make up for the runnier consistency of the batter.

Almond Biscotti

Almond Cookies

I have 2 more cookies and 4 cakes to make before I have completed the collection. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment