Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Come One, Come All

I hope everyone likes the new format of the blog! I think it is pretty. I was going to make it food related but this theme made me feel happy just looking at, so I knew I had a winner. I wish I could design every detail myself but I am no website designer and this is blogspot afterall. Maybe one day I'll get adventurous and start using wordpress. I also decided to make the blog public. I am not sure how many readers I will actually get but at least it is out there.

I have the day off today which is desperately needed. Working 3 days in a row on a weekend is exhausting! I am not used to working in general right now. I much prefer being a student and am much looking forward to September. The weather doesn't look so good in Hamilton, and I am quite certain the bike trails are extremely muddy, so I think I'll skip my planned big bike ride today. I have plenty of things to do around the house today as well as make a few batches of my Nonna's cookies! I still have a lot of baking to do for the photography for the book.

On today's agenda:

Moon Cookies - The last batch was a fail! My Nonna told me afterward that they are very tricky to make. The key I think is the texture of the ground almonds used in the recipe. Last time I used blanched ground almonds. The cookies I know and love have speckles of almond skin in them, BUT I cannot find ground almonds with skin on anywhere! I think I am going to grind them myself, even though that is going to take a lot of time and effort. It better be worth it!

Chocolate Balls - Involves a tricky process of melting chocolate to then later harden. Normally people use paraffin wax to do this but I cannot bring myself to bake with it.

I think I will also make more oatmeal cookies and almond biscotti, as those are easy to make, and will be good for my parent's 25th wedding anniversary party in two weeks.

I am unsure how far I will get on this, but I will share my results with you soon!

Something else to look forward too: I could potentially have peas and cucumbers from the garden this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment